- Laowai Guide
ECOOP 2012 Doctoral Symposium
Contact: Gregor Richards.
ECOOP 2012 in Beijing, China hosts the 22nd edition of the Doctoral Symposium and PhD Student Workshop. As the name suggests, this is a two-session event: a Doctoral Symposium and a PhD Student Workshop. The Doctoral Symposium and PhD Student Workshop provides a forum for both early and late-stage PhD students to present their research and get detailed feedback and advice. The main objectives of this event are:
- to allow PhD students to practice writing clearly and to present effectively their research proposal
- to get constructive feedback from other researchers
- to build bridges for potential research collaboration
- to contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers at the main conference
This is a full-day event of interactive presentations. Morning and early afternoon will be dedicated to the Doctoral Symposium, with late afternoon dedicated to the PhD Student Workshop. Besides the formal presentations, there will be plenty of opportunities for informal interactions during lunch and (possibly) dinner. It is planned that, like in 2010, members of the academic panel will give short presentations on a variety of topics related to doing research.
Student presenters are eligible for funding to attend the conference from various sources. We will match students to appropriate funding sources upon approval of submissions.
- Gregor Richards, Purdue University, USA
- Gustavo Soares, Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, Brazil
- Adriana E. Chis, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Fernando Olivero, Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland
- Erik Ernst, University of Aarhus
- Gary T. Leavens, University of Central Florida
- Vivana Bono, Università di Torino